January 26, 2008

First look at Spring 08 trends

Welcome!

I love this time of the year. I love seeing the new trends, colors and styles - and thinking of the ways those things are going to be interpreted into every day life.

I've been researching, viewing and studying the new Spring / Summer 08 trends since the beginning of the year. I am very excited to give you a glimpse into what is to come in the world of fashion.

For those in the Michiana area, I am excited to again bring these great new looks to you! There will be 2 Spring Preview fashion shows next weekend. Details in this newsletter.

I will also be reporting on Spring trends in upcoming segments on the WSBT First Thing in the Morning show.


-Kathy


TREND: bold geometric prints
One thing I have seen in all the fashion magazines, and in the previews of designer collections is geometric patterns. Bold big pattern is everywhere. Even Target is showing big bold geometic prints this season.

I know you have all heard me say that fashion trends go in 20 year cycles. We are definitely seeing that this Spring and Summer!

Tropical florals and Tribal prints are also hot hot hot for Spring and Summer.

COLORS: The good news is Spring colors are spring-like. Hues of yellow, tangerine and ocean-like blues and purples. All mixed with crisp white, grey and brown.

JEANS:
Do you remember acid wash jeans? A kind of greyed denim? Grey is back - and it is back in a BIG way! The new grey jean is more dressed up, with a soft grey as opposed to the harshness of the acid wash of trends past. Grey is definitely one of the 'it' colors of the season. Think of it as a neutral.

Leggings. They aren't going away! We are still seeing cute footless leggings with tunics. This is especially fashionable this year with tube-top style tunics and strappy sandals.

I am also seeing a lot of flowing fabrics, and a lot of sheer details (sleeves, trim).

SKIRTS: the bubble silhouette is still popular, but has taken a much more grown up shape. We also are seeing long lines in skirts. Easy fabrics in ankle skimming lengths.


TREND: Accessories


I would be remiss if I didn't give you a glimpse into what is happening with shoes and accessories this Spring.

I can sum it up in one word - YELLOW.

Yes, yellow shoes, handbags, bangle bracelets. Yellow is a new neutral that seems to match everything.

Not a yellow fan? It's OK. There is always grass green.

Not crazy about yellow or green? How about bold print shoes? I am seeing them everywhere. Color block to floral - patterned shoes are very in this season!

Another big trend we will see is gladiator style sandals. Especilly ones with bold embelishments.

No comments: