July 6, 2008

Fall 08 trends

I thought I would post a little something about what I am seeing on the runways for Fall 08.

So far, here is what I am seeing:
  • non-traditional fall colors. I am seeing pinks, light blues - not the traditional 'fall' colors


  • bows - I am seeing everything tied in bows - neck tie bows, belted bows


  • Pattern - think damask


  • Lots of bright pink (on the maroon side) - this color is everywhere, and is definitely the 'it' color of the season. The good thing is that EVERYONE looks great in this hue. I am also seeing a lot of grey and bright blue


  • Wraps and capes. Many of the jackets I am seeing have a great flowing quality to them. This style is going to be especially nice for ladies who have broad shoulders - because the unstructured style will be easier to wear...likewise, those of us who hold a little weight in our booties, will LOVE this because the style ca hide a multitude of sin (and by sin I mean ice cream and pizza - hee hee!)


  • slim leg pants are still here...but, I am seeing them paired with blousey tunic style tops


  • Bubble skirts - still all the rage, but in longer lengths, and some with interesting non-uniform hems - floaty hems are here to stay for a while!


  • Styles are elegant and ladylike (YAY!)


  • Jacket jackets jackets - everywhere jackets!


What are you seeing in your fashion magazines? To see top designers Fall collections, go HERE

No comments: