January 8, 2009

getting back into the swing of thigns

I am home from Russia - first day back to my desk. If case you ever wondered what a 13 hour time difference does to your internal clock - let me tell you, it is horrible! Slept for 12 hours last night, and woke up at 4am today. I don't get it! They say it takes a day for each time zone (over 3)...which means I will be back to normal in 12 days...oh for joy.

I don't usually post personal stuff here, but I want to give you all a little update on my trip. In case you don't know, we've been trying to adopt a little girl from Russia for over 4 years (the same little girl). She is 6 1/2 today. That is why I continue to go to Russia every year. It's not for the unique fashion, the great shoes, and beautiful weather...

We hope to obtain a court date in May of this year to bring her home. The story of why she isn't home yet is way too long and too un-fashionable to post here (if you are interested, you can go to my profile and get to my other blog). There are a few things I need to do paperwork-wise in the next week - 10 days.

Thank you for sticking it out with me, and for understanding the seemingly long periods of silence. Sometimes, we must prioritize - and the bloggy world doesn't come first [gasp!]

No comments: