August 23, 2009

Back to School fashion - Goodwill style

Getting the kids ready for back to school is an enormous task. Being someone with no kids, I can't imagine the time and financial chunk 'back to school' takes from a family's budget...especially in today's economy.

This got me to thinking.

I wonder if families who are watching the bottom line for the first time consider Goodwill for back to school shopping. Honestly, before a year ago - I hadn't stepped a foot inside a Goodwill store in a long time...well, except for when I needed something crazy for a Halloween costume. When I first started working with our local Goodwill stores, I was quickly impressed with the quality and variety of things I found.

I approached the great people at Goodwill with the idea of doing something for Back to School. The Fashion Parade that took place yesterday at he Granger Goodwill was the result! It was a great day, the kids all had a GREAT time, the parents were able to get carts-full of great back to school clothes for a fraction of the price they would have to pay at the mall. Everyone was happy!

To see the full story, click HERE.

No comments: