November 1, 2009

First week down - Pilates Challenge!

Well, I've finished my first week of Pilates. I really am enjoying it! Not just because I like my trainer, Suzy...but also because I like the idea of getting some exercise.

Remember when I said that I like Pilates because I didn't sweat? Well - I take that back...I did start sweating this week.



But, in my first week working out, I lost 3 pounds. I can't say that this is totally because I worked out with Suzy 3 times. But what the heck, I lost 3 pounds - yay me!



The highlight of the week was working on on this machine (to the left)...I don't know what it is or why it works - honestly, when I first saw it, I was kinda scared! It looked like some kind of torture device! The exercises Suzy had me doing seemed so easy at first. She only had me do 10 of one thing before moving on to the next thing. Love that! No getting bored, no feeling like body parts are going to break and fall off. I will tell you, however, when we got to red 8...I was felling it!

I thought I would be sore after this first week. But I'm not. I am aware that I've worked my muscles, but I am not sore.

Because I don't understand anything about Pilates (I just do what Suzy tells me!), I have invited my uber fantastic personal trainer to post a little something about what Pilates is, and why you should give it a go.

Be looking for a post from Suzy soon!

WANT TO TRY PILATES?
I want to encourage all of you that live in the Michiana area to give Suzy a call. I love her studio...it is so clean, convenient to get to, and has all of the state-of-the art equipment you might want. In addition to Pilates equipment, she has few weights, cardio stuff, and a lot of other things that I don't know what they are...but I bet if you used them, you would be in the best shape of your life!

Call 574/970-2000 for more details!

No comments: