For those of us who tend to bring home clothes we never wear, here are a few tips to avoid the shopping trap.
1. Shop for who you are now, not who you are trying to be, or for the person you’re going to be when you get to your goal weight
2. Buy something because it looks great on you – not because it is trendy or looks good on the mannequin
3. Size is relative, and dependant on brand, quality and nationality of the designer.
4. Don’t be afraid to put something “on hold”. If you’re unsure – take a day to think about it without a commitment.
5. Don’t buy something just because the sales person said it looks good on you. You can tell sales people’s true motives if they over-compliment you.