September 2, 2008

A day in the life...

When I am getting ready for a big fashion show - everything else in my world stops. I become consumed with the project (not in a bad way, in an "I love my job" way). I dream about the show, I obsess over the outfits, style and restyle them. I think and rethink every single detail. I write and rewrite the script, I make special things for each of the models.



I also completely let other things go...which is why I don't schedule ANYTHING the days leading up to a show. I don't open my mail, no laundry - nothing. So, when the show is done, I come home to a mess.



This last show I did for a GREAT new boutique was no different. Aside from the fact that the owner is a dear friend, and I didn't want to let her down, this was a big deal. Everything at this event was done to the 9's, and I was privileged to be able to help with just about every aspect of the event. This allowed for consistency in message, atmosphere, style throughout - in everything from the invitations, to the centerpieces to the models. It was so great!



So, after the event, and what I affectionately call 'show hangover' (a time after an event that I can't function, just need to veg and sleep) - comes the time I need to unpack and regroup.





This is my office - it is a disaster. It was such a mess that I moved my computer to the kitchen. Yes - all of that junk on my desk is mail - JUNK MAIL! I don't even know how old that cup of 'something' is on my desk - looks kind of like a science experiment now.





And this pic is of the laundry pile - part of it, I've already done 2 loads, and there is a load in the washer and one in the dryer. Out of control! There are only 2 people in my house!!! How do we accumulate SO MANY dirty clothes? Most of what I wear is 'dry clean only'! Yikes!

I will post some pics of the event - just requested some from the photog.

No comments: