June 26, 2011
in a moment of weakness...
Before your uncontrollable laughter completely takes over your day, you should know that I:
- Have lived in Russia, not the glamorous Moscow, but the harsh Siberia, Russia (kinda like camping)
- Have gone on mission trips and had to sleep in the floor of an old church where I could hear the rodents scampering about in the middle of the night.
- Have gone on a mission trip where I didn't eat anything but lunch-size bags of chips for 3 days and only showered once in that time (in all fairness, I was miserable)
- Have an uncanny ability to deal and adapt to just about anything
So although you might THINK you know me - all high heels and skirts...I can be tough!
Having said that...you should also know that:
- I do not like bugs. I REALLY do not like bugs.
- I will wear makeup on my face every day. Period. It will happen, it has happened for over 20 years, it will not stop this weekend just because I am "camping" (for all of you rolling your eyes, I SEE YOU! Makeup protects your skin! It has sunscreen in it!)
- I do not eat meat, so the idea of the hotdogs on sticks around the campfire doesn't really sound fun to me
- The reason I haven't had a desire to go with my husband on mission trips to India is because of the restroom situation. I like bathrooms...clean ones with TP are preferred
So yes, I am going camping. This week I am going to dedicate this blog to the camping preparations, what I am going to do, how I think I will like it...and of course I want to talk about all of your great advice.
The "week of camping prep" will conclude with my weekly segment on the WFRN Morning Show (Doug and Vincy in the mornings) on Friday...following that segment, I will be getting in our little SUV to go camping!
Right now, I need to know what are your tips for camping? I mean, I think I will need appropirate shoes, non pajammey-kind-of pjs, a smart organizational system for toiletries (I understand that there is some kind of communal shower house? I envision high school locker rooms...ugh!), what else?