July 24, 2011

The Compliment Challenge - day 25

Meet my beautiful friend(s), Susan!

I decided to make this a joint-post for my 2 beautiful friends - who are both named Susan.  Must be something about the name. 

Susan - she was one of my first season clients when I started off as a designer rep for a private label clothing line.  I have appreciated her loyalty and enthusiasm season after season for about 12 seasons now! She is the most gracious host; you can tell when she has a get-together, her friends love being in her home.

She is a stunningly beautiful woman.  Tall, thin, blonde, blue-eyed.  Ya...one of 'those'! LOL!  She is the mom to 2 very successful sons, and the wife to a great man.  She has a huge heart for Christ, and is generous with her time and talents. Her inside-out beauty is the kind that draws you in.  She is someone who comes to mind and you think "wow, I haven't seen her in a while, I miss her!".  On my first Mother's Day as a mom, she sent me a Mother's Day card.  I can't tell you how much that meant to me...and just goes to show what a thoughtful person she is.

I love her style - she has a creative slant to her effortless style that so many women try to have.  And honestly, everything looks good on her!  Her background includes a stint in the fashion world...and I can see why she was successful doing that!  Her helpful spirit combined with her super cool style are both things you will remember!


Then there is my other friend, Susan.  I met this Susan through her husband.  You see, I was her birthday gift one year (or maybe it was Christmas...).  Yes - for a gift from her husband, she got me...and a complete wardrobe consultation, closet audit and some great new clothes.  Through that process we realized that we knew some of the same people, and became fast friends.

She is a great Mom to 2 little boys and wife to a strong and brave man (literally, he is as a firefighter) who is just as kind as she is. Like my first friend Susan, this Susan also had a career in the (retail) fashion world years ago.  I would call her style "Tailored comfort".  Every time I see her, she looks amazing.  She is able to pull together adorable outfits and systematically adds things to her wardrobe (she has learned well...my little grasshopper!...and if you've never seen Karate Kid, you now think I have lost my mind!). 

She is such a beautiful woman, inside and out.  She is the kind of stunner that can look great in sweats or dressed to the 9's.  She has GREAT legs (that I keep trying to get her to show off more in skirts!), amazing sparkling eyes and a smile that lights up the room. 

No comments: