January 2, 2013

BOOT TRENDS



 from the December edition of Sassy Magazine

I count down the days until temps dip below 60 so I can break out my boots.  Generally from sometime in late August until Spring I’m in boots. Hello my name is Kathy, and clearly I am a shoe addict!
The trends for this season have me salivating. I’m considering implementing a no-cash option in my business…just buy me boots!

RIDE ‘EM COWBOY
Western influence is seen all over feet on the runway. If you don’t have a western feel boot in your shoe wardrobe, this is the season to add one.

DETAILS IN THE BLOCK
Color block, texture block, shine blocking – all are big trends in boots. Look for a contrast heel, or a pop of color on the foot of the boot.

RIDE OVER THE KNEE
Riding boots are not only practical, but trendy too.  This office-to-weekend boot is being seen in the over-the-knee variety this season.

GIVE ME SOME SKIN
Animal skins are crawling into boot trends this winter. Look for alligator, snake and pony. The faux versions of these skins are just as big of a trend as the real thing.

No comments: