August 16, 2008

Old clothes...where did they go?

This week I am reminded of a shirt I had when I was probably 13 or 14. It was super cool - kind of a polo style that kind of looked like a soccer team shirt (only cooler). I guess all this Olympic talk had me reminiscing about this super cool shirt.

I also had this super cool pair of pants - they were green, like Kermit the Frog green...and fit, well, let's just say they could have been classified as tights (or leggings) just as easily as pants.

Now - picture if you will, the super cool soccer-like shirt with the Kermit the Frog green pants...and you've got one killer outfit (in the 80's). Especially if you had the rockin' mall-hair to go with the outfit (the hair was sometimes pulled up in a scrunchie or a banana clip)! Yes, I am a true product of the 80's. Oh ya, and then there were the white go-go like boots I would wear with this great ensemble. A bold fashion statement - even back in the 80's!

I was thinking today how many times I wore that outfit - I wonder where it went, did I give it to Goodwill? Did I take it to my first year of college with me (much of what went with me to school never came home...lots of thieves at ISU).

So - I am a bit sentimental about the Kermit/soccer outfit...good times.

Do you have one of those outfits? Tell me about it!

No comments: