July 1, 2011

The Compliment Challenge - day 2

Meet my beautiful friend, Kathy.

I've known Kathy for years...seriously, she was one of my first private-label clothing clients...she watched the house (and the cats) on our FIRST trip to Russia back in 2004.  OK, I just did the math on that - I guess that isn't SO many years, but it is a long time, and a LOT of water under that bridge!

Last week, I got a call from Kathy's sister, Pam (who seriously, I have known for YEARS - met her in my 20's).  Kathy had a stroke.  My heart skipped a beat (or 2 or 3).  I was struck by how much that news effected me. I mean, how could ONE OF MY FRIENDS be suffering through a stroke?  We've been on our knees praying for her ever since.

Kathy is a strong, smart woman.  She is principled and wise...and she also has great legs (for the record!).  And, the best news is that she is home and recovering!  She is going to be fine - and dare I say, sassier than ever!

No comments: