July 19, 2011

The Compliment Challenge - day 20

Meet my beautiful friend daughter Anya

I know, everyone thinks thier daughter is beautiful...and all daughters ARE beautiful.  But, let me tell you about my daughter.

My kiddo spent the first 7 years of her life living in orphanages in Russia.  She  learned to be tough.  She found ways to survive in an environment no child should have to live in. And, the thing is - the places where she lived were not all that bad...as far as orphanages go.

Anya is frighteningly smart.  She has been able to learn English in a very short period of time.  She loves to read.  Big books (like a few hundred pages)!  She loves to compete, but not hurting someone's feelings is more important to her than winning.  She is passionate about right and wrong.  Even when one of her friends does something that she isn't sure about, she will always bring it to me to talk about.  She asks herself "what would Jesus do" when she gets in tough situations.

My little one is so funny.  All you have to do is spend a little time with her to appreciate her humor.  She loves to make people laugh.

She is so beautiful.  Every now and then we get a look at her and see a grown up daughter...and I get scared!  If you are a Mom, then you know what I am talking about!

And, her heart.  My little one has the biggest heart. She can be very sensitive, and she says her favorite thing to do is have a special "Mommy and Anya" day.

No comments: