July 3, 2011

The Compliment Challenge - day 4

Meet my beautiful friend, Tami.

Yes, this is another of my long-distance friends. Tami lives with her family in Irkutsk, Russia. They have lived there as missionaries for 11 years. I get a little teary eyed when I think about Tami and her family; they helped us in so many ways when we were living in Russia.  As a matter of fact, we stayed with them for a while. 

Tami is one of THE MOST kind and giving people you will ever meet.  She is living God's example to her kids - and that is a pretty amazing thing to witness.  Her talents are immeasurable, and her heart for God is huge. She and I have had lots of fun girl talks about modesty, makeup and the like.  Although our lives are so very different, she gets me. She appreciates me for who I am; I not only appreciate her for who she is...but I have a great deal of admiration for all that she has done, and had to learn to do.  And - check out how beautiful she is!  I mean, really!  Her beauty is one that you can't stop staring at...and you don't know why.  But, I know!  It's her love for the Lord - you can see it when you look at her.

No comments: