July 21, 2011

Why the Compliment Challenge?

This is why...because it makes people feel good.  No other reason. 

When I started this challenge, I asked several friends and business owners to come along side me to do this. I asked for them to share the challenge with their friends. Very few did.  Honestly, it bothered me.  Why wouldn't you commit to remember others first, and compliment them.

You never know what kind of day someone is having, and just saying "hey, I love those shoes" might be the one thing she needed to hear that could turn her day around.  Or, why not tell that one friend that you notice her hard work...and it matters.

Here is one friend / business owner, in her own words...
Kathy Friend has an idea that could change our small world, one woman at a time. Please take the compliment challenge with us - I honestly thought I didn't have time, until I was on the receiving end of the compliment. Now I can't wait to tell my woman friends how much they inspire me every day. Thank you Kathy Fisher Friend.
THAT is why we should all compliment one another.  Make a conscious effort to notice...to think of others first...to make someone else feel special today.  That's all.  That's the challenge.

1 comment:

macherie said...

THIS IS AN INTERESTING CHALLENGE.=) Good luck on that, hopefully more people will join. Great work